Power Magazine: Quickly Boost Your Combustion Turbine Response
Jupiter, FL (October 1, 2014) – The Turbophase installation at Morris Cogeneration was featured in Power Magazine's October 2014 issue. The title was was: “Quickly Boost Your Combustion Turbine Response." Here is an excerpt from the article: "What do the OEMs think about an owner adding compressed air into the engine casing for peaking power or fast regulation purposes? General Electric’s GER-3567H states, 'GE [heavy duty] gas turbines are designed to allow up to 5% of the compressor airflow for steam injection to the combustor and compressor discharge.' If superheated steam injection is acceptable to GE, as it has been for over 30 years, then one would expect that compressed air in like mass flow will also be acceptable. Also, it seems to me that injecting clean compressed air upstream of the combustor is certainly preferable to wet compression resulting from the use of evaporative coolers." To read the full article, click here.
- Powerphase signs MoU in Indonesia for 2GW additional Gas Turbine Power April 26, 2017
- Powerphase Founder Bob Kraft Interviewed by Casey Haley at POWER-GEN International December 17, 2016
- Powerphase Issued Japanese Patent for Turbophase Dry Air Injection System November 11, 2016
- Powerphase Issued Patent for Transformational Gas Turbine Upgrade October 3, 2016
- Turbophase Featured in Africa Review Magazine August 2, 2016