Powerphase Issued Patent for Transformational Gas Turbine Upgrade
JUPITER, Fla., Sept. 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Powerphase, a developer of upgrades for gas turbines, has been issued a new patent from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (PTO), US Patent No. 9,388,737 for a new type of technology that improves the output, fuel efficiency and responsiveness of gas turbines, including those used in electric power generation, gas processing plants and industrial processes. The gas turbine upgrade technology, dubbed “Turbophase,” solves a fundamental problem faced by all gas turbines: that gas turbines lose output at high ambient temperatures or elevations. Turbophase uses a fuel driven engine and its waste heat, along with a highly efficient compressor in a cogeneration process to generate hot, compressed air approximately 35% more efficiently that the gas turbine itself. The highly efficient air is then injected into the gas turbine, allowing it to produce its optimum output in all ambient conditions. Read more at Power Magazine.
- Powerphase signs MoU in Indonesia for 2GW additional Gas Turbine Power April 26, 2017
- Powerphase Founder Bob Kraft Interviewed by Casey Haley at POWER-GEN International December 17, 2016
- Powerphase Issued Japanese Patent for Turbophase Dry Air Injection System November 11, 2016
- Powerphase Issued Patent for Transformational Gas Turbine Upgrade October 3, 2016
- Turbophase Featured in Africa Review Magazine August 2, 2016