Turbophase Installation Completed at Combined Cycle Gas Turbine Power Plant
Morris, IL (July 27 2014) - Powerphase LLC has completed a 2 Module Installation of a Turbophase Gas Turbine Air Injection System at Morris Cogeneration in Morris, IL USA near Chicago. Atlantic Power Morris Cogeneration (Morris) has three gas 6B gas turbines (GT) with Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSG) that supply steam and power to an industrial steam host. The complex is located in Morris Illinois, just outside of Chicago, on the world’s largest grid, PJM. The Turbophase system installed at Morris consists of two Turbophase Modules (TPMs), which are used primarily to increase the output capacity and the ramping speed of the plant. In the event that a Gas Turbine or a Turbophase Module trips, the fail safes built into the Turbophase system will protect the Gas Turbine. Testing of the fail safes was performed at the Morris site by tripping one of the two Turbophase Modules while injecting air into the Gas Turbine. Since Turbophase only injects air into the Gas Turbine, there is no maintenance penalty associated with the Turbophase system, making Turbophase a very safe and economical option for the plant. Based on the performance of Turbophase at Morris, the following Turbophase performance (per module) can be expected from 32ºF (0ºC) - 122ºF (50ºC) depending on generator and shaft limits at the plant. Since Turbophase is a modular system, multiple Turbophase modules can be added to a single gas turbine to produce significant incremental power at the plant, essentially allowing the plant to operate at its ISO rated output regardless of ambient temperature.
- Powerphase signs MoU in Indonesia for 2GW additional Gas Turbine Power April 26, 2017
- Powerphase Founder Bob Kraft Interviewed by Casey Haley at POWER-GEN International December 17, 2016
- Powerphase Issued Japanese Patent for Turbophase Dry Air Injection System November 11, 2016
- Powerphase Issued Patent for Transformational Gas Turbine Upgrade October 3, 2016
- Turbophase Featured in Africa Review Magazine August 2, 2016